Providence Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist PSJH in Anaheim, California
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist to any of our locations within WA, ID, AK, OR, TX or CA.
We are seeking a Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist PSJH to serve as an expert role model in promoting the understanding, integration, and application of information technology in healthcare settings. The Sr. CIS is a leader who applies advanced education and experience to effectively address complex challenges in diverse healthcare delivery environments. The Sr. CIS acts as a liaison between clinical care and information technology, leading caregivers throughout the care continuum in the full life cycle of clinical technology projects.
The position requires team leadership skills delivered in a complex, highly stressful environment, demonstrating expert use of clinical technology, information sciences and fundamentals of project management with a customer service focus.
The Sr. CIS promotes the use of evidence-based clinical practice. The Sr. CIS provides Informatics leadership in initial and ongoing Electronic Health Record (EHR) training and competency validation to care givers and coordinates curriculum development activities.
The Sr. CIS as a subject matter expert is expected to demonstrate the knowledge and experience necessary to pass national informatics certification exams (such as the CPHIMS examination, ANCC Nursing Informatics Board Certification or similar Informatics certification) as well as the necessary knowledge to pass EHR vendor certifications.
The Sr. CIS with licensure in a clinical discipline (e.g., nursing, respiratory therapy, etc.) brings required comprehensive understanding of clinical process and practice standards, patient flow and operational processes.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrates personal and leadership competencies in line with the core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by caregivers in order to achieve the Mission of the PSJH System.
Leads and models design and implementation of workflow training consistent with current national informatics and adult learning standards.
Designs and spearheads communication projects around technology changes, upgrades, and downtimes to customers.
- Demonstrates expertise in accurately analyzing and prioritizing issues.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in documenting, evaluating and prioritizing clinical users’ requested system improvements. Ensures timely follow-up communication with customers regarding issue resolution. Acts a change agent, assisting customers with the dynamic nature of clinical information systems.
- Skilled at leading and integrating groups of diverse disciplines in collaborative activities. Demonstrates expertise in effective interactions and positive interpersonal skills in order to maximize productivity and positive employee relations.
- Gains understanding of system/ministry data needs. Leads planning for full life cycle for clinical information systems. Evaluates outcomes with the use of clinical information systems, and develops, delivers and measures interventions. Stays current with regulatory standards, management and healthcare issues and trends, and legal implications. Supports customer access to reports.
- Maintains and demonstrates current knowledge of industry trends. Actively seeks opportunities to apply this knowledge to practice. Mentors peers in their Informatics related professional development.
Environmental and Working Conditions
- Fast paced environment with multiple interruptions. Frequent travel among regional facilities (up to 50%) and occasional travel among PSJH entities (10%-40%) is required. Reliable mechanisms for travel throughout the region is required. May be subject to changing work hours to meet client needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in a clinical discipline, information technology/informatics, business, education, management, or related field or equivalent education/experience.
5 years in a position that has the same or similar primary duties working with a clinical information system within a healthcare setting.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Master's Degree in Education, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a clinical discipline such as Nursing, or healthcare field.
Active license or certification to practice as a clinician (MD, RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Dietitian, Clinical Social Worker, Respiratory Therapist, etc.) upon hire.
Informatics certifications or credentialing upon hire and may be equivalent for up to 2 years’ experience for this position at the hiring manager’s discretion.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Informatics
Other Location(s): California-Burbank, Alaska-Anchorage, Idaho-Salmon, California-Irvine, California-Anaheim, California-Torrance, California-Mission Hills, Washington-Renton, Texas-Lubbock
Req ID: 269367