Providence Health & Services Medical Assistant - Neurovascular Center *FT Days* in Burbank, California
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (Full-time/Day Shift) to Providence St Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant - Neurovascular Center to provide basic support to patients under the care and supervision of the physicians in the Neuroscience Clinic.
In this position you will:
• Implements and maintains established department, unit, and hospital policies, procedures, and objectives related to organizational performance, patient/customer safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
• Ensures the appropriate documentation, recording, and reporting of all patient care activities.
• Performs clerical duties and data entry as necessary, including billing.
• Assists physicians with examinations, procedures, and other processes related to direct patient care.
• Maintains patient Medical Records in accordance with HIPAA standards.
• Communicates by telephone regarding status of patient's treatment in a courteous and professional manner.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings, and workshops.
• Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
• Assists in maintaining stock and equipment inventories.
Required qualifications for this position include:
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers.
Certificate of completion from a Medical Assistant school
1 year clinical experience in related field
Preferred qualification for this position include:
• Preferred Current Certified Medical Assistant.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 392-bed acute care facility founded over 75 years ago by the Sisters of Providence. Known for our state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, we provide the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities.
We provide many specialized services and treatment capabilities. Our Heart and Vascular center delivers care with one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers for heart attack victims. The Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, which supports our Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, continues to grow inpatient and outpatient programs addressing stroke, Parkinson’s, and brain tumors. Maternal Child Health Services, including a level 3 NICU, support whole family care with 24/7 on site labor support and community education. The Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology providers, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building. Our exceptional orthopedic program has recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. Our Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery. In the fall of 2022 we will open our brand new, state-of-the-art Emergency Department which will triple our capacity to care for the community in their time of greatest need.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 329725