Providence Health & Services Supervisor Supply Chain Operations *Up to $10,000 Hiring Bonus* in Burbank, California
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Providence is calling a Supervisor Supply Chain Operations (Full-time / Day Shift) to Providence St Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
$10,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
We are seeking a Supervisor Supply Chain Operations to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is enhanced along with the overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by delivering a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized supply chain management expertise.
In this position you will:
• Provides day-to-day supervision of department staff which includes scheduling work, monitoring performance to ensure compliance with guidelines, policies, and procedures, providing feedback on performance, and writing and conducting performance reviews. Acts on behalf of Manager in their absence as directed.
• Develops distribution procedures, job standards, and evaluation criteria in coordination with the Ministry/Site Managers.
• Manages and directs all official supply chain perpetual inventories by analyzing product usage, and adjusting inventory levels as appropriate to optimize inventory levels at the ministry/site.
• Monitors and maintains the distribution budget. Transfers expenses from Materials Management to other hospital departments as appropriate.
• Monitors all additions, deletions, and changes to patient charges and keeps charges current and accurate. Works closely with departments to ensure product charges are made with the clinical information system (EPIC).
• Takes action to standardize the usage of medical products. Assists in overseeing all patient supply product evaluations and changes that affect perpetual inventories or pars. Assists as necessary with product recalls and/or returns.
• Develops, maintains and monitors distribution systems in coordination with the specific departments involved.
• Maintains the Lawson Inventory related databases on department computer system and ensures information is current and accurate.
• Maintains and monitors Distribution statistics. Takes action and/or makes recommendations based upon analysis of information. Monitors Distribution labor hours reporting and makes adjustment to staffing as appropriate.
• Monitors distribution labor hours reporting and makes adjustments to staffing as appropriate.
• Conducts orientation and in-services education programs for staff. Coordinates all computer and procedure based training for supply chain employees. Develops and expands training documentation and classes for the Lawson/RQC applications through online training, the IS Training department, and in department training sessions.
• Monitors the Supply areas for neatness and cleanliness to ensure they meet the Joint Commission and OSH standards and takes action as appropriate to ensure compliance.
• Leads the ministry/site cycle count program to ensure all perpetual inventories are counted according to system procedures and policies. Directs all physical Inventories to ensure they are completed on time and in a cost effective manner. Ensures completion of all appropriate paperwork/reports associated with the completion of cycle and physical inventories.
• Works with departments to ensure inventory needs are consistently met by benchmarking Lawson reports. Ensures PAR levels are maintained Lawson benchmark reports via analytic. Interfaces with other Inventory Control personnel within the Region to ensure all supply issues are coordinated appropriately.
• Participates on project teams and committees as necessary. Participates in professional activities to keep abreast of changes and developments in the Supply Chain Management and Inventory profession.
Required qualifications this position include:
Associate's Degree in Healthcare, Business, Finance or Logistics/Supply Chain Management or equivalent education/experience
4 years Supply Chain Management or Finance experience with 1 year in a healthcare setting, including at least 1 year in a Supervisory level leadership role.
Healthcare business operations and/or financial management experience in a healthcare setting.
Experience standardizing disparate processes.
Eperience in process improvement methodology, change management, operational improvement.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 392-bed acute care facility founded over 75 years ago by the Sisters of Providence. Known for our state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, we provide the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities.
We provide many specialized services and treatment capabilities. Our Heart and Vascular center delivers care with one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers for heart attack victims. The Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, which supports our Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, continues to grow inpatient and outpatient programs addressing stroke, Parkinson’s, and brain tumors. Maternal Child Health Services, including a level 3 NICU, support whole family care with 24/7 on site labor support and community education. The Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology providers, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building. Our exceptional orthopedic program has recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. Our Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery. In the fall of 2022 we will open our brand new, state-of-the-art Emergency Department which will triple our capacity to care for the community in their time of greatest need.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 329969