Providence Senior Technical Project Manager I in California
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Technical Project Manager I . Currently due to Covid, this role is working 100% remote. Post-Covid, candidates living local to Renton office will work two days a week in the office with the team and the rest of the week remote. This role is open to candidates from five states -AK, WA, MT, OR and CA. Post-Covid, those not local to Renton, WA will need to travel to Renton, WA once a month and spend two days working with the team.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our Marketing Platform team. In this role, you will play a key role in the transformation and growth of our marketing technology stack. As a Marketing Platforms TPM, you will work closely with marketing and healthcare data engineers and architects to efficiently squash bugs, release enhancements, and forge new integrations with our Marketing CDP and CRM . In this role you'll partner with Marketing Platforms Product owners, stakeholders, and leadership to ensure orderly engineering operations.
The Marketing Platforms Team is responsible for architecting, enhancing, and maintaining all platforms (third-party and in-house) that support the needs of marketing tactics and digital experience. Working as part of the Marketing Platforms team the Technical Project Manager must have a broad range of skills; including the ability to help manage the technical team, understand the capabilities of a variety of different software and cloud based solutions, create and utilize technical documentation that helps empower and enable technologists, and partner with the Product Owners to interpret the needs of the business from discovery through implementation and support.
You will be in a position to answer questions, refine requirements, scope projects, identify and document problems to be solved, make recommendations, and manage engineering operations and delivery. From day one you'll need to effectively balance day-to-day technical project management while also supporting and maintaining longer term objectives.
This is an ifluential role that requires:
• A self-starter mindset without sacrificing the ability to be collaborative and work well intra and cross functionally.
• Ability to influence a team (you won’t directly manage employees but will partner with your executive leader to influence team culture, sustainable engagement, and technical velocity).
• Someone who has delivered exceptional, sustainable results throughout their career; even through failure and mistakes. We are looking for a well-rounded, vulnerable, self-aware human who is comfortable talking about how their prior actions have led to impact in the short and long term and how they have learned from their mistakes along the way.
• Strong collaboration and skills of influence; ability to constructively provoke others in order to drive and manage change. Helpful, respectful, collaborative, yet disagreeable when appropriate.
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people and leaders.
• Someone who knows when to resist, when to take a loss, when to remain silent, when to escalate. Someone who thoughtfully adapts to drive towards the best outcome for both people and business.
In this role you will:
• Work closely with Marketing Product Owners to translate project intake into epics, stories, and tasks
• Ensure that all work follows the governance and intake process
• Develop and maintain project plans and timelines for the marketing ecosystem inclusive of multiple work streams to outline tasks, milestones, status and sustainable allocation of resources.
• Report back to project stakeholders and senior leadership regarding timeline deliverables and status.
• Run daily or weekly stand-ups as needed.
• Partner in requirements gathering, specifications and vetting for technology solutions.
• Effectively manage risks/issues and drive mitigations, escalating when appropriate.
• Engage other technical subject matter experts across the Providence domain to solicit input, feedback, perspective, and (as appropriate) assistance.
• Provide base level technical guidance for the marketing platform tools and vendors
• Utilize and maintain technical documentation
You will play a meaningful and influential role, reporting to the Director of Marketing Platforms in ensuring the sustainable execution of program priorities. You will implement rigorous project management practices and pave the way for future and ongoing product growth servicing a multitude of internal and external partners.
In this position you will:
Work closely with Marketing Product Owners to translate project intake into epics, stories, and tasks.
Ensure that all work follows the governance and intake process.
Develop and maintain project plans and timelines for the marketing ecosystem inclusive of multiple work streams to outline tasks, milestones, status and sustainable allocation of resources.
Report back to project stakeholders and senior leadership regarding timeline deliverables and status.
Run daily or weekly stand-ups as needed.
Partner in requirements gathering, specifications and vetting for technology solutions.
Effectively manage risks/issues and drive mitigations, escalating when appropriate.
Engage other technical subject matter experts across the Providence domain to solicit input, feedback, perspective, and (as appropriate) assistance.
Provide base level technical guidance for the marketing platform tools and vendors.
Utilize and maintain technical documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Mathematics or Computer Science or equivalent educ/experience
Agile and Scrum Certification/ACP upon hire
5 years relevant experience with large, complex organization managing system architecture across multiple operating systems, languages and frameworks
4 years project management experience - Agile and/or Waterfall
2 years knowledge of Cloud integrations in AWS or other; cloud warehousing and the ETL process
4 years experience developing and maintaining technical documentation
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Demonstrated analytical skills and data-driven approach.
Effective written communication skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
Effectively manages to project deadlines and escalates issues as appropriate.
- PMP/CPAM upon hire
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Other Location(s): Montana, California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska
Req ID: 280029